Wednesday 25 October 2017

Thursday October 26th

Review 


Barlow was eventually well backed for the handicap chase at Ludlow (2:30) – though maybe not quite as well backed as his SP of 4/1 suggests (he was 5/1 on BF).

He ran like a horse in need of the outing: finding himself outpaced, before getting his second wind; and then fading in the home straight.
Assuming the run has brought him on, then he could well be of interest next time.

Valhalla was very well backed in the 3:00 (SP of 6/4) – but there was an early pace war and he couldn’t get to the front.
He never looked happy settled in behind and ultimately ran disappointingly.
He has ability but looks like a horse to tread carefully with…

Grand Coureur should arguably have won the 4:05.
He travelled really strongly and appeared the winner, turning in. However he had done too much, too soon and faded up the home straight.
He’s another who could be of interest next time (given a more patient ride).

At Southwell, Twist of Ginge ran well to finish runner up in he 2:40.
He’s gradually finding his feet over fences and should be able to pick up a race.

Bohernagore did manage to lead in the 3:45 – but he was never able to race easily and was beaten turning in.
Maybe he needs a break…

Finally, Kap Jazz was weak in the betting at Carlisle (4:25) – and he ran as if the race was needed.
I would expect him to do better next time…


Lunchtime Update


At Ludlow, there hasn’t been much morning support for Barlow (2:30) – and I would view that as a negative…
The important money tends to be placed just before the off – but I still suspect he would have been backed down from his current 7/1, if he was fancied…

Valhalla (3:00) has been backed – but Darebin has been subject to even stronger support…
In truth, I don’t even see it as a 2 horse race, so my enthusiasm for Valhalla at his current price of 9/4, is limited…

I didn’t mention Grand Coureur last night (4:05).
I was interested in him when he made his seasonal debut at Bangor, at the start of the month.
He ran really poorly that day, so it’s interesting to see him so strong in the market this morning.
If there was a good explanation for his Bangor run, I could see him going close.

At Southwell, there has been a NR in Twist on Ginges race (2:40) – and he can now be backed at 7/2.
That strikes me as about the right price.

Bohernagore is out to 12/1 in the 3:45 – and I think he’s interesting at that price (even if only as an in-running trade).

Finally, at Carlisle, in the face of good support for Bigirononhiship, Kap Jazz has drifted out to 6/1 in the 4:25 race.
He could be worth a small risk at that price…

Evening Preview 


It was interesting to see Aunty Ann win the opener at Worcester today.
She was one of the horses I was interested in, in my first post of the season:
https://tvb-midweek.blogspot.co.uk/2017/10/monday-october-2nd.html

She wasn’t up to the job that day – but stepped up a little in trip today, she came good.
Hopefully the blog will pick out a few more similar types, over the next few weeks…


There are 4 NH meetings tomorrow – but it’s a question of quantity over quality (as you would expect at this time of the year).

The best meeting of the day is probably at Ludlow, where there are a couple of races of interest…

If Emma Lavelle has got Barlow back to anything close to his best, then he should dot up in the handicap chase at 2:30.
He was rated 126 in his peak – and is still only 10.
We can only guess as to why he was sent to the pointing field early (he was only 7) – but off a mark of just 100 today, he could easily have 2 stone in hand.
The trip, track and ground will suit him well – and if he’s backed, I’d take the hint (he’s a 13/2 shot this evening).

Valhalla was an unofficial eye catcher last time, when he made his seasonal debut at Stratford.
I felt he travelled really well that day but didn’t get home over the 2m6f trip.
He’s dropped to the minimum distance tomorrow (3:00) – a tactic that worked over hurdles at Taunton, earlier in the year.
He got an aggressive front running ride that day - and if Harry Cobden does the same tomorrow, he is likely to take a bit of catching.
He’s 11/4 this evening – which isn’t overly generous in a tight looking 6 runner race – but I reckon he’s the most likely winner…

In the 2:40 at Southwell, Twist on Ginge looks to build on his debut run over fences at Newton Abbot, a couple of weeks ago.
He ran a fair race that day and if that has brought him on, he should go close tomorrow.
It’s another tight little handicap – but 11/2 strikes me as a fair price…

In the handicap hurdle at 3:45, Bohernagore is the one that interests me most…
He caught my eye on his penultimate run at Kelso, when he did too much too soon.
He was a faller last week at Huntingdon and is now in danger of being written off, after 2 ‘disappointing’ runs…
In fairness, he has got a bit to prove – but I think he could be worth a small risk at the 9/1 available this evening.
Regardless, he’s likely to be a good back to lay in-running, as he will almost certainly lead (and travel strongly).

Finally, at Carlisle, the race of greatest interest is the handicap chase at 4:25.
Kap Jazz for Venetia is the one I like most - though I would have preferred a slightly bigger price (he’s a 5/1 shot).
In truth, I would not be surprised to see him drift tomorrow - and he would definitely be of interest at around 7/1.
He’s young and unexposed – and whilst the takes on a few dangerous looking rivals (Bigirononhiship, Courtown Oscar and Shanrow Santos) he is the one I like the look of most…

3 comments:

  1. Stop sitting on fence n tip :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurray – a comment :)

      Is that you Carl..?!

      If I tip the evening before: anyone who follows me in will get their accounts closed…

      I could tip at lunchtime – but I’m sure all of my readers are capable of deducing what I fancy, without me having to spell it out.

      If you really want tips, then join the main TVB service as I plan to issue plenty in the this seasons ‘big races’ !!

      Delete
  2. Good guess A :) hope you have a better year

    ReplyDelete